Races, Races, Races

It's already June and i'm preparing to leave for my final half marathon of this season. After rolling my ankle in late January it's been a tough season. Starting this marathon training season with a sore ankle is not what I had planned.  you always think this is going to be a great year, when you start off a new season, and I had big plans, but this ankle isn't healing like I want it to so we are modifying to plan B.
This year covers 5 half marathons, 2 fulls and a 50 miler. I had additional goals of swim/bike/run up to the Olympic distance. Throw in some 5k's and some fun runs and it's a great season. I decided though, that I haven't been planning well - I get a race in my head and I sign up for it before looking at the entire year or goals are in place. Next year I want to be much more deliberate in my choices for races and year goals. 
This week marathon training starts. The beginning is always the toughest for me, the base is where i need to put more effort. And then I go and sign up for another run. I will be running a very small, local half marathon fundraiser. It's not going to be a great run, but it will get me focused on what i need to work for the next 3 months. Enjoying myself while being outside and having fun is what the goal is for the rest of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby's First Birthday

2019 - Living my best life

The Marathon I didn't do