Part-time jobs







9/4/18 I'm not sure if it's "normal" to actually be considering working several part-time jobs along with my full-time job at this stage in my life. It's not that I need the money specifically, but I want the connections. I want to be around people who love what they do, whether that be triathlon, track and field, reading, crafting, or quilting. I've done 3 weekend stints with a triathlon company out of Michigan. If I did it every weekend, I think I could be really good at it, it's like throwing a party in a different location every weekend. Of course, if I'm there every weekend, I can't be at my "real" job; which doesn't really work for most of the people there. How do you decide that you are going to stay at a job, or change to another? how do you find something you're passionate about rather than just something that pays the bills? My dad worked in a factory his entire life to give my brother and I the opportunity to do whatever we wanted in our lives. Am I squandering his sacrifice working at a dead end job that pays the bills and lets me travel whenever I want... or is it more important that my overall life is joyful and satisfying. Some tough questions to ponder today as I start to plan for the future. My ideal life would be a job that doesn't have set hours, that some weeks, I work 100 hours and others I work 10. Something that allows me to create and be inspired, and to help; to make a difference in someone's life. I have several goals I'm working on, with a friend. We haven't done a terrific job keeping to our timeline, but I think we are serious about getting started soon and putting our plan into action. Wish us luck. And keep an eye out for #vaguenotions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby's First Birthday

2019 - Living my best life

The Marathon I didn't do